Opinions Requested: Difference between K14 & K24 turbo with a JX engine

aktueller Austausch vor dem Posten ruhig mal die SUCHE benutzen!

Moderatoren: gvz, jany, tce, Staff

Antworten
epowell
Poster
Modell: T3
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: '81 hightop
Leistung: 70 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: JX
Anzahl der Busse: 1

Opinions Requested: Difference between K14 & K24 turbo with a JX engine

Beitrag von epowell »

I need to buy a new turbo as soon as possible, and I am struggling to make a decision between buying a KKK K14 or a KKK K24. I have a K24 on the van now and it performs fine. The highest altitude I drove it was Brenner Pass 1500m, and still it was OK - no problems. .

But I am told that a K14 performs much much better than a K24 (especially in the mountains). Fine, but the problem is that the K24 is 300euros CHEAPER than the K14! That is a BIG price difference.

I live in Czech and will not be driving in super-high mountains, although some time in the distant future I would love to make a trip to Central Asia or even the Himalaya (but this is maybe just a dream... I am sure that in the Himalaya it would be necessary to have a K14)

So I am just asking for opinions..... what would you guys do? Get the K24 and save 300euro, or spend the cash for the K14? ...and why?

Thank you very much!
Edward
Max Power
Harter Kern
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Multivan JX/Doka 1Y
Leistung: 70/64

Re: Opinions Requested: Difference between K14 & K24 turbo with a JX engine

Beitrag von Max Power »

epowell hat geschrieben: the problem is that the K24 is 300euros CHEAPER than the K14!
This is just not right, but if you have no other source, and the quality both of them is the same, buy the K24.

The K14 is smaller, it will work earlier at less engine revolutions. But there is no significant difference to the K24.

There already is a thread to this problem http://www.bulliforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 14#p714070, how about using this one? :roll:
epowell
Poster

Beitrag von epowell »

Max Power hat geschrieben:
epowell hat geschrieben: the problem is that the K24 is 300euros CHEAPER than the K14!
This is just not right, but if you have no other source, and the quality both of them is the same, buy the K24.
This is absolutely the case..... K14 (original Borg Warner) is 300eur more expensive than K24 (also original Borg Warner) !!! UNLESS SOMEONE CAN SHOW ME DIFFERENT!
Max Power
Harter Kern
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Multivan JX/Doka 1Y
Leistung: 70/64

Beitrag von Max Power »

Just browse the net or ask local dealers, I won`t do it for you.
The demand on k14s is probably higher, maybe therefore most offers in the net are more expensive than k24s, but there are nothing more expensive parts in a k14 relating to a k24. In fact the 24 is even bigger.
epowell
Poster

Beitrag von epowell »

Max Power hat geschrieben:Just browse the net or ask local dealers, I won`t do it for you.
The demand on k14s is probably higher, maybe therefore most offers in the net are more expensive than k24s, but there are nothing more expensive parts in a k14 relating to a k24. In fact the 24 is even bigger.
Yes I have been actively searching for at least one full year now... again and again so now I am convinced there is nothing better than this that I have already found : but you never know who might secretly know what :D :D

Anyhow, I have pretty much now decided to get the K24. If in the future I will find a K14 also for less than 400eur I will buy it immediately.
Antworten

Zurück zu „T3-Aktuell (BJ 1979 - 1992)“