Help - hilfe ??!

this subforum is dedicated to our dear english-speaking vw-bus-drivers... feel free to ask, mention, and contribute on all topics regarding vw vans!

Moderatoren: jany, Staff

Antworten
JohnDybkjaer
Mit-Leser
Modell: keinen
Leistung: 50 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: VW
Anzahl der Busse: 0

Help - hilfe ??!

Beitrag von JohnDybkjaer »

Hello.

I am arriving at Münich Airport from Denmark on thursday 11´th of February. My airplaine arrives at 13.10 hours. I have an agreement in Augsburg (AutoSonnenberg) where I hope to find and buy a VW t3. My plan is then to drive the car back to Denmark and register it according to Danish legislation.

Does any one in this forum know the Auto Dealer (AutoSonneberg), and would you recommend him, eventually? He has some nice cars, but it is difficult for me to know if he can be trusted. If he has a bad reputation, I would very much like to know :shock:

Thank you very much!

John Dybkjaer
tce
Administrator
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Int.

Re: Help - hilfe ??!

Beitrag von tce »

Hi and welcome
it's not easy to say if a dealer i good or bad. especially from this I#ve heard different meanings.
Are you interesstet in one of the cars he offers at mobile.de ?
tell us which it is , may we can give you a statement .
* Bertl (doofer alter Sack)
ex* Syncro * Afn * 2 Sperren * Bimobil-Kabine *
JohnDybkjaer
Mit-Leser

Thanx very much - that would be great!

I am particularly interested in these t3´s:

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=b12uswbcqmw1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=bgnxh3vzc1jq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=v2bnqc1c4hoq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I have found this privat t3.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showD ... eNumber=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope to find a car in Augsburg - that would be a lot easier for me, since the privat t3 is 200 km away from Munich :-o

If anyone is situated in Augsburg, I would be pleased if you have a comment on the dealer - and the cars! Thank you once again!

John
aerobat
Stammposter

Beitrag von aerobat »

Hello John,

sometimes you are the lucky one - and sometimes you are the looser.
That means....
I know ihm very well and I bougt my Vanagon from him.
I told him, that Im willing to pay more money then Vanagons are dealed at the regular market - cause I will have garanty from him. And he told me - if you have a problem - it will not be a problem.... So i trusted...but it was a fault.
First of all, I fetched the car one week after I have signed the contract with him and he promised me to check the car again, if there could be any technical problem, etc.
OK, a friend of me and I went to his shop - I`v payed and then I wanted to drive back home.
And, I heard a noise from the generator belt... I stopped the engine and told this to the guy and he said - no problem - I will fix it...but the fixing process was only to spray (I dont know what he sprayed into) something on the belt (it was no colophonium or something equal).
OK, I went back home and it only lasted (after I have changed the belt to a correct and new one) 10.000km and the engine (it was a replaced one, with only 36.000km) got a problem with the cylinder head gasket. And believe me, I didnt stress the car - like high speed - or pulling, etc.
OK, I went back to him (first phone, then by car, etc.) and he neverly was willing to find a compromise....that was very very nice from him....
So I told him, that I will take a lawyer and will let him tell, that he has to give garanty. But he had no interest in finding a solution...
Thats it - after nearly one year we met us again - at the court and the justice told him what he has to pay for... ;-)

So finally he doesnt like me anymore - buaaaaahhhhhh - because he had to pay more then 1300,-€ plus court, lawyer, etc. (ca. 4.000-5.000€ complete amount). If you think, first I made him the offer, to give me 350,-€ - 500,-€ for fixing the problem by myself. (bad luck for him)
He is a tough guy and its not very easy to deal with him and to get in your rights.

In this case I only can tell you.
Take care, whatever and wherever you want to buy a car - especially at a dealer. ;-)

Hopefully you will be the lucky one and have no stress with your new baby.

CU,
Tom
Bundes-Bulli in Flecktarn - 1,7l Diesel-Stinker (KY) - Ez.11/2007 (Bjhr.1989) - Umbau zum Westfalia WoMo mit Klapp/Aufstelldach
jany
Administrator
Modell: T3
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: ex-Bluestar
Leistung: 204 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: AUE
Anzahl der Busse: 3

Beitrag von jany »

welcome at our forum denmark! :neu (sit down and have a cookie)

from my point of view the offers from the commercial dealer seem to be quite pricy. fot that mony you could probably get much better t3's in northern germany which also saves you most of the way home.

the private offer looks also expensive, baut in case the body is in the good shape as it looks like on the pics it may be worth a close look. i would suggest to have someone from the forum making a precheck and some fresh pictures prior to a visit.

greetz jany
grüße jany ;-)

---------------------------------
Support your Forum durch Amazon-Kauf

Bild
JohnDybkjaer
Mit-Leser

Hmmm, that seems like a very bad experience with the dealer... I allready bought the airline tickets, and I´m going anyway:-).

Once again, if anyone doesn´t know what to do on Thursday or Friday, I would be happy to by a beer - or a good bottle of scotch ;-) - in return for some guidance and help through my german-car-bying-adventure! There is also the issue of bying export license plates for the car that I am hopefylly going to by. I have no idea how it works or where to go for that matter. My plan is to take it as it comes, but of course it would be nice with some local expertise :-o

John
Snoop
Poster
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Doka ex BW
Leistung: 57 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: KY
Anzahl der Busse: 1

Beitrag von Snoop »

Hi John,

for the export-license-plates the car needs a positive technical TÜV inspection.
Without this official form, you can not request the plates.
I am not sure, but I think you also need a insurance cover.

In my opinion it would be a real stupid adventure to manage all these things in one or two days.
Could cost you much more money than the vehicle is worth.

Maybe you can also try to find a T3 in the Nürnberg area.
There are a couple of traders (mostly for the well maintained military versions) who offer their cars also
at mobile.de and autoscout24.de
examples:

http://home.mobile.de/MFEICHTFAHRZEUGHANDEL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://home.mobile.de/home/fahrzeuge-ch ... heinz.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nürnberg also has an Airport and it is less than 150km away from Augsburg.
Maybe you can change the tickets from Munich to Nürnberg.

Good luck!

Ciao
Snoop
The Moose should have told you...

Bild
aerobat
Stammposter

Beitrag von aerobat »

Hey John,

it would be possible for me to accompany you.
But I think, if he will see me with my bus...hmmmm yours will get more expensive then they rather are.
So, in my opinion - this buses are much to expensive...

Mine, what Ive bought at his car-shop was expensive - but not as this buses are and the reason for me to buy one from him, only was the garanty (which you will not be able to use). So best would be if you have for all the paperwork and TÜV (technical proofing, etc.) minimum two days. But dont forget, if you think all goes well something will always go wrong.

If you want and if you dont matter the fact above, I could come along with you. Send me a personal mail and I will send you my phone number.
I live in Fürstenfeldbruck and it is on the way from the airport to Augsburg. Take the "city-train" S-Bahn Line: S4 and you will arrive here. :-)

But in my opionion again - rethink your plan!

CU, aerobat
Bundes-Bulli in Flecktarn - 1,7l Diesel-Stinker (KY) - Ez.11/2007 (Bjhr.1989) - Umbau zum Westfalia WoMo mit Klapp/Aufstelldach
Vinreeb
Inventar
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: BW-Gammelmultivan
Leistung: 115
Motorkennbuchstabe: AGG
Anzahl der Busse: 4

Beitrag von Vinreeb »

Hi John!
Im living in Nürnberg and could probably help you if you search near Nürnberg.
But i think you should not look for a T3 in germany so much.
You should take a look at sweden, ive heared that the Vanagons there are quite a lot cheaper than in germany.
Actually some germans import their t3 from sweden because they are cheaper there.

regards,
Thibaut
Panzertape ist "Die Macht" ... es hat eine helle und eine dunkle Seite und es hält das Universum zusammen
epiphone
Poster
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Caravelle CL/MV
Leistung: 92 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: SS

Beitrag von epiphone »

ive been to Auto-Sonnenberg once, indeed he does have many Busses there, and looks good.

The only experience I had was that he had a T1 inside his garage, and I wanted to have a closer look, I went inside the garage and he whinged something to my girlfriend that I should get out.

Fair enough if its an insurance reason, that nobody should go in there, but come on, just be friendly.

I would have had no trouble buying a bus from him, but he had none with pop-top roofs, so found one elsewhere.

The busses he has are a good price, good paint jobs for sure, maybe then after reading this thread, he must have his own spray house, and he likes to get the Busses looking very good and doesnt pay much attention to the mechanics

but that is pure speculation
Englisch Muenchener
'89 2.1l Caravelle CL mit Multivan Innenaustattung
Tempomat, E-Spiegel, Aufstelldach, Zentralverriegelung, B2B Sitz
Suche: Heckklappe Wischer
Snoop
Poster

Beitrag von Snoop »

So...what happened???

:bumsfreunde

Ciao
Snoop

Bild
aerobat
Stammposter

Beitrag von aerobat »

@Snoop
It looks like nothing happened their...
Cause`Iv got no feedback for contact or attending him.
Did he only like to know what some are thinking about dealers around Agbg.?

Probably it was a faked request???

CU,
aero
tce
Administrator
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Int.

Beitrag von tce »

the Ip was from denmark
* Bertl (doofer alter Sack)
ex* Syncro * Afn * 2 Sperren * Bimobil-Kabine *
Snoop
Poster

Beitrag von Snoop »

Na dann...könnten wir uns ja wieder auf deutsch unterhalten - falls es noch was zu schreiben gibt... ;-)

Ciao
Snoop

Bild
epiphone
Poster
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Caravelle CL/MV
Leistung: 92 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: SS

Beitrag von epiphone »

Snoop, you should get out of the English corner and onto the naughty step for that ;-)
Englisch Muenchener
'89 2.1l Caravelle CL mit Multivan Innenaustattung
Tempomat, E-Spiegel, Aufstelldach, Zentralverriegelung, B2B Sitz
Suche: Heckklappe Wischer
Snoop
Poster

Beitrag von Snoop »

OK, does it help, if I feel guilty now??? :looser ;-)

Ciao (Bye)
Snoop (Snoop)

Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „English-Corner“