german insurance - help

this subforum is dedicated to our dear english-speaking vw-bus-drivers... feel free to ask, mention, and contribute on all topics regarding vw vans!

Moderatoren: jany, Staff

Antworten
peter_pan
Mit-Leser
Modell: T3
Leistung: 50 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: VW
Anzahl der Busse: 0

german insurance - help

Beitrag von peter_pan »

hello,

i bought a vw t3 in germany (i live in berlin) and i want to make an insurance, but i'm having difficulties, as my van is a so.kfz bautruppwagen, which for what i undesrstood is neither a lkw, neither a pkw. so the problem is i can t find an online insurance for it. any light on this?????

thanks

peter pan
3t3
Inventar
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Syncro & 2WD

Re: german insurance - help

Beitrag von 3t3 »

Not directly as I never owned such a SoKfz. But as the car get's taxed as a PKW anyway (which is btw. quite expensive if it's a Diesel) you even might get the classification changed to a PKW (or a LKW if it fit's the tax rules) and won't have any further problems with any online insurance. Or - a way I'd prefer although it' might be a little bit more expensive - choose an insurence with real existing and living human representatives.

Regards,
Axel
--
Bild

Suche: Kunststoffsitzgarnutur in dunkelbraun, Gummifussmatten Trapo hinten

Europäische Bürgerinitiative "30kmh - macht die Straßen lebenswert!"
Loudpipes
Harter Kern
Modell: T3 Syncro
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: EX-BW->Holzklasse
Leistung: 115 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: AGG
Anzahl der Busse: 4

Beitrag von Loudpipes »

Hello,

easiest way is to call an insurance company and ask for a quote - or less time consuming:
Scan the "KFZ-Schein" and send and email together with your other data to serveral insurance companies via email, aksing for a quote.
Bild
----
Verkaufe:
[ ] P2-Stoßstangen
[ ] Alu-Dachbox auf Trägern
[ ] Caravelle Sitzbank Velour blau
----
Die größte Herausforderung ist die Arbeit am eigenen Leben.
Pablo Picasso
Atlantik90
Antik-Inventar
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: 2WD Atlantic; 4WD MV
Leistung: 70 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: JX
Anzahl der Busse: 2

Beitrag von Atlantik90 »

You are living in Berlin. So look for an insurance agency. There are a lot and you will find them in the yello pages. So.Kfz-Bautruppwagen has only relevance if it i owned by an Company to save taxes. I think you will not have a complete workshop in your car. If owned privatly so it is an normal passenger car and so you will need to have and insurance contract for an passenger car.

Further more it will be interesting for you to have the polution key defined, if it is no Diesel and has a catalysator in. Often So.Kfz have it not defined in the papers. Then go to an DEKRA-Inspector and let your papers change to "Personenwagen" and the according polution key. That will save taxes and will eventually bring a green label for the environmental protection zone in Berlin.
Unfall- und störungsfreie Fahrt mit dem VW-Bus
wünscht Joachim
Von mir als Beispiel für Verfügbarkeit gesetzte Lieferanten-links sind keine Empfehlung.
Irren ist menschlich; keine PN, fragt im Forum
Wer die VW-Reparaturleitfäden hat, hat weniger Fragen.
peter_pan
Mit-Leser
Motorkennbuchstabe: VW
Anzahl der Busse: 0

Beitrag von peter_pan »

thanx for all the suggestions. in the end i phoned to insurance companies with living beings, and went personally as well. in the beginning was quite desesperate, 'cause they were asking for 1.200 euros average per year, as they were pricing the van as a lkw, and they were not considering my years of driving but only (and not all the companies) my insurance's years (that was one). but today i found an incredible cheap insurance in a bank, as they price the van as a camper and they count my driving years. so, that s really cool as i won't have to pay almost the same of insurance as for the price of the van.

thanx to all

pedro
Revoluzifer
Poster
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Hochdach
Motorkennbuchstabe: CS
Anzahl der Busse: 1

Beitrag von Revoluzifer »

Hi there!
Hopefully I'm not too late...
I own a So.KFZ Bautruppwagen as well.
What are you planning with your van? Do you want to turn it into a camper or something?
If so, mine is classified as a camper for the insurance, which means I pay about 600 € per year, part insurance cover included. (All this @ 100%, in the next year it'll be less, don't know the exact amount for now).

And btw @3t3:
The pre-owner had this van taxed as a lkw, though I'm still waiting for my tax assessment...
Antworten

Zurück zu „English-Corner“