t3 TDI TUV

this subforum is dedicated to our dear english-speaking vw-bus-drivers... feel free to ask, mention, and contribute on all topics regarding vw vans!

Moderatoren: jany, Staff

Antworten
zedder63
Mit-Leser
Modell: T3 Syncro
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: TDI
Leistung: 110ps
Motorkennbuchstabe: VW
Anzahl der Busse: 2

t3 TDI TUV

Beitrag von zedder63 »

hello,
I just finished a TDI afn 110ps conversion on my syncro and cannot get the thing registered, very frustrating any help out there
frankfurt main area
thank you
mark
henchman26
Mit-Leser
Leistung: 90 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: 1Z
Anzahl der Busse: 1

Re: t3 TDI TUV

Beitrag von henchman26 »

I will answer you in English, we will see if this gets bumped back to the english-corner! :^)
Edit: my mistake, this is already in the english-corner!

What exactly did TUV say to you? Did they reject the idea of a TDI swap outright or do they just not like the way you did yours?

I just brought my T3 to TUV today for an initial conversation, the guy took some notes and I have an appointment tomorrow for the actual inspection... My case is a little different as I did the conversion in the US and I am importing the entire vehicle, I think they are a little less strict in this case...

-Zach
Zuletzt geändert von henchman26 am 28.09.2011, 06:47, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Magnum1988
Poster
Modell: T3
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Multivan
Leistung: 70 PS

Beitrag von Magnum1988 »

sagt mal is das englisch kurs oder was?
steffbla
Harter Kern
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Nonne
Leistung: 95 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: MV

Beitrag von steffbla »

im englisch-bereich kann das schon mal passieren!
zedder63
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von zedder63 »

henchman26 hat geschrieben:I will answer you in English, we will see if this gets bumped back to the english-corner! :^)
Edit: my mistake, this is already in the english-corner!

What exactly did TUV say to you? Did they reject the idea of a TDI swap outright or do they just not like the way you did yours?

I just brought my T3 to TUV today for an initial conversation, the guy took some notes and I have an appointment tomorrow for the actual inspection... My case is a little different as I did the conversion in the US and I am importing the entire vehicle, I think they are a little less strict in this case...

-Zach
hey Zach
Know one has even looked at it yet
I have a german friend and he has been calling all over and has had a ton of different answers, most want to make this 700 euro paper for the emissions for the acceptable perameters even though I have all the paper work from the golf 3 I took the motor from with all its perameters but thats not good enough because the transmission is not the same so different rpms so different emissions. even if the same T3 was done the day before because the paper belongs to the owner of that vehicle.

others want a full day for brake testing, loundness testing,one said a 2000km intensive testing, another said I need a conversion list from VW. They are concerened my motor is to strong for the brakes even though I have the original short tranny that does not allow the bus to go more than 100km.
but I have some hope one TUV said last week they can do it for 800euros and called us back this morning and said he can do all the testing on tuesday and i must pay for his time, around 200-300 hundered euros, so we will see

thanks
mark
ps Canada is much easier put an engine in and go as long as the vehicle is 15 years or older their is no emission testing

pss I almost forgot I have a t3 gypsy with the same AFN 110ps motor with it in my papers and that still does not help ( i bought it 2 years ago like that) maybe if i go back to that place they can help but it is in north germany about 600km away
henchman26
Mit-Leser
Leistung: 90 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: 1Z

Beitrag von henchman26 »

Well I went to TUV today, and my situation isn't going to help you... Because I am importing the van from the US with the engine already installed they are waiving a lot of the more stringent requirements as part of the import process. But they did tell me that if mine was a "normal" situation I would have to jump through the same hoops you do i.e. emissions certification, etc.

Clearly this is wrong as there are plenty of TDI T3 vans running around Germany and I cant imagine that everyone is paying for these absurd requirements! And I am a little worried that i am only off the hook for the first inspection, and in two years I will be in the same trouble you are...

Bottom line is it sounds like you need a different TUV guy...

-Zach
zedder63
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von zedder63 »

henchman26 hat geschrieben:Well I went to TUV today, and my situation isn't going to help you... Because I am importing the van from the US with the engine already installed they are waiving a lot of the more stringent requirements as part of the import process. But they did tell me that if mine was a "normal" situation I would have to jump through the same hoops you do i.e. emissions certification, etc.

Clearly this is wrong as there are plenty of TDI T3 vans running around Germany and I cant imagine that everyone is paying for these absurd requirements! And I am a little worried that i am only off the hook for the first inspection, and in two years I will be in the same trouble you are...

Bottom line is it sounds like you need a different TUV guy...

-Zach
I got my TUV today 1,9 TDI all registered :sun
Wohnklofan
Mitleser
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Westi
Leistung: 70 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: jx

Beitrag von Wohnklofan »

Hey,

Glückwunsch ... :dance ( I don't know, how to write congratulation... :mrgreen: )

That's nice, tell us more, we love this German -TÜV - Storys...

:bier

Greets...
Hotelbett ? Nein danke...
zedder63
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von zedder63 »

Wohnklofan hat geschrieben:Hey,

Glückwunsch ... :dance ( I don't know, how to write congratulation... :mrgreen: )

That's nice, tell us more, we love this German -TÜV - Storys...

:bier

Greets...
Greetings and thank you

But I spoke to soon, I have my TUV but not my registration, I went to the Zulassung
with all my correct paper work and since it has a 21 on the page all paper work and 40 euros must go to an other place for some special paper work so maybe next week they will send it back and maybe then :-?

be advised if you make a TDI conversion it will take a long time ;-)

best regards
mark
jany
Administrator
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: ex-Bluestar
Leistung: 204 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: AUE
Anzahl der Busse: 3

Beitrag von jany »

i'm not sure if you are finally complettely thru. anyways, you may have found a gap in the german regulations net.

nevertheless, engine conversions require a lot of planning in terms of documentation towards tüv and also knowledge.

-the brake-story ain't worth shit! just a a nice try to get rid of you..
-the emission-story maybe be a prob but is dependent on the guy you meet (if you have no rpm-meter you could claim a modified gearbox!)
-noise-measuring: yet another story, took me 25 minutes with the competent tüv-guy (on while standing still at xxxx rpm, second one at 50kmh accelerating full throttle both no louder than 77dB)

keep us in the loop until you got all official papers :-)

jany
grüße jany ;-)

---------------------------------
Support your Forum durch Amazon-Kauf

Bild
zedder63
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von zedder63 »

thanks Jany

sorry i took so long to reply
i have all my papers now and have put a few thousand km on the bus everything is running great. :suff

next problem gear box is too short need to find a longer front and rear :shock:

greetings
mark
Antworten

Zurück zu „English-Corner“