1.7 KY TD

this subforum is dedicated to our dear english-speaking vw-bus-drivers... feel free to ask, mention, and contribute on all topics regarding vw vans!

Moderatoren: jany, Staff

Antworten
lexxus
Mit-Leser
Modell: T3
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Multivan Whitestar
Leistung: 69 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: VW
Anzahl der Busse: 4

1.7 KY TD

Beitrag von lexxus »

Hi guys

I bought a Whitestar with 1.6TD that was lazy, was eating 1L oil to 100km. I started to read the german section and saw that a lot of guy went with TDi engines. I wanted to stay with TD but with a little more power and Nm but to be in the "green" with the temps of oit and water and still cruising abobe 100km/h so i bought a 1.7KY block and cylinderhead. Started to disassemble the block, wash it and check everything inside. The crank was outworn, the bearings from conrods where at 0.75 and the cranks bearing at 0.50 and one connection rod bent.

For the built I will use the crankshaft from my 1.6TD, con rods and the pistons that are at 79.96. The cylinderhead was ok, with some cracks between the valves and i changed the valves guides and installed the camshaft from my 1.6TD. Now i'm waiting for the parts that i order ( gaskets, cylinder gasket and other small things) and on Monday i will start the build up.

Any input from you are welcome ;)

Bild
Bild
Bild
mdonau
Stammposter
Modell: T3 Syncro
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: diverse
Leistung: ??
Motorkennbuchstabe: ???
Anzahl der Busse: 3

Re: 1.7 KY TD

Beitrag von mdonau »

Nice rebuild, and all PnP. You should get an oil cooler and maybe a IC too.
98er Passat Variant 3B AFN Syncro, 04er e46 330d Touring, Seat ibiza 6l ASZ
T3, '85 5-Sitzer PKW, exBW-Funk, 1,7TDI, 312mm ATE, 205/65R16C auf Vito Stahlfelgen[/url]
Bild VCDS KKL+CAN
lexxus
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von lexxus »

i will install a thermoblock (from photo) with thermostat and oil cooler. After everything is done and the engine is ok, i will fit a IC too. I thought the IC from a Smart will be ok

Bild
lexxus
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von lexxus »

first start
http://youtu.be/h7_uqsgDFvo?list=UUMdhW ... Z-W-_QJ5uw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Antworten

Zurück zu „English-Corner“