New Reimo T3 camper?

this subforum is dedicated to our dear english-speaking vw-bus-drivers... feel free to ask, mention, and contribute on all topics regarding vw vans!

Moderatoren: jany, Staff

Antworten
danbar
Mit-Leser
Modell: T3
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Carat
Motorkennbuchstabe: VW
Anzahl der Busse: 2

New Reimo T3 camper?

Beitrag von danbar »

Along with my shopping for a T3 Syncro camper I've been thinking about possibly just having one done by Reimo. It seems like you can still have them outfit a T3 with a brand new interior and hopefully a high roof. Does anyone know if this is still possible or even better has anyone here done that? It seems like I could buy a really nice standard Syncro for far less than in the states and having a new camper interior would be great. Just something I'm considering, I'd love to have something a little different than anyone else over here.
detric
Stammposter
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Joker
Leistung: 70 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: CU
Anzahl der Busse: 1

Re: New Reimo T3 camper?

Beitrag von detric »

Hello,

i think for money they do everything! just ask reimo by mail, but maybe it makes sense to ask the guys from "van360" connection, if they are able to by a syncro for you and install new reimo equipment.

best regards

detric
danbar
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von danbar »

I have emailed Reimo directly but since I can't read German I'm using online translators to understand their website and I'm not sure who exactly to contact. We will see if they get back to me and I'll post here if it's possible. I'll look into Van 360 as well. I'd still love to hear from anyone that may have done this themselves too. I see a lot of T3s with fairly new Reimo interiors in them so someone has to be doing it. Thanks.
prometheus0815
Harter Kern
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Transporter
Leistung: 57 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: KY

Beitrag von prometheus0815 »

Note that Reimo will only build the interior, but not restore the car for you. van360 on the other hand can probably take care of everything but the interior. Also consider those 2/3 of Germany in between them. ;-)
danbar
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von danbar »

So Reimo sends the interior out so someone like Van360 to install it? If that's the case it sounds like I would have to contact someone with an account with Reimo to do the work, is that correct? Maybe this is more trouble than it's worth but what the hell, if I don't ask I'll never know.
prometheus0815
Harter Kern
Aufbauart/Ausstattung: Transporter
Leistung: 57 PS
Motorkennbuchstabe: KY

Beitrag von prometheus0815 »

No, Reimo will install all the furniture and camping related technical equipment. But before you spend thousands of Euros for turning the car into a camper, you probably want to have the car itself in real good shape, i.e. welded and painted at least. This ist what van360 can do, possibly after helping you to find, examine and buy the car in the first place.
danbar
Mit-Leser

Beitrag von danbar »

Ok, that makes sense. I'm still going to look for something already a camper but this option could be cool too. It seems a lot easier to find nice passenger vans than cool campers so maybe I'll contact van360 if I get impatient.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English-Corner“